Building and Grounds

The accommodation at High Street Academy includes the original main three - storey building, erected in 1894. The main building has been refurbished and contains the Junior block, a hall and dining room, school canteen, staff room, Head Teacher’s office and Secretary’s office.

The upper storey currently includes a central resources room/work area, toilet block and four classrooms.  A mezzanine floor has recently been constructed over the hall. This has created two new rooms, a learning resource base and a meeting/resources room.

In 1972 two new buildings were added to the school in order to provide a self-contained Key Stage 1 block consisting of four classrooms with a large practical area, and also a purpose built Foundation Stage 1 unit with its own outdoor play area.

There are two large tarmac playgrounds at the front and rear of the main building.

The rear playground houses purpose built playground apparatus (erected February 2010) and the front is laid to car parking.

The school also has its own sports field and an outdoor teaching area which includes a garden pond and vegetable patch - this area is fondly known as Mac's Garden named in memory of our late caretaker Mr Robert McMillan.