Special Educational Needs Information
Mrs Charlotte Parry
Special Educational Needs Coordinatorcparry@millbayacademy.org
The school’s Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) is Mrs Charlotte Parry.
She works to support the leaders and class teachers at High Street Primary Academy to meet the needs of children who have Special Educational Needs.
Below is a link to our Special Educational Needs Information Report, which gives advice, contacts and general information detailing how the school supports the Special Educational Needs (SEN) children and their parents/carers.
At High Street every endeavour to allow access to the school for all children will be made. However, please be aware of the potential difficulties for certain categories of physical disability due to the nature of the building. Any request for a place at High Street Primary Academy will be treated sympathetically by the Governors.
We welcome parent feedback on the SEN section of our website!
- Read A Parent and Carers Guide to SEN & Disability Code of Practice Issued by the Department for Education.
- Plymouth Online Directory (POD): A website that provides welfare, health, SEN and social care information for adults and families living in Plymouth.
- Plymouth Information, Advice and Support for SEND (PIAS): A service that provides information, advice and support relating to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) for parents, carers, children and young people within the Plymouth Local Authority area. They can be contacted on 01752 258933/0800 953 1131 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sibs: A UK charity representing the needs of siblings of children with disabilities.
- Friends and Families of Special Children: A non-profit organisation unique to Plymouth, providing information, support, and services for families with disabled children. The website is useful with lots of information and often has upcoming events listed.